The World of Ebb
Trailwalkers are very social and playful. They'd rather play all day then work. There is nothing a Trailwalker likes more than a competition, especially if it's a race. They love to show off their skills in public and will sometimes do completely pointless actions just to get noticed. They love to raise mounts and race against each other on those mounts. Each citizen of Marthis owns at least one mount, and sometimes Province chiefs will own up to 200 animals, just for riding.
Pets and mounts
Those halflings raise all sort of mounts to ride in the meadow or in fierce races. They use all sort of animals like ponies, donkeys, riding dogs, horses and even sometime mountain lions! Rich halflings often purchase some incredibly rare mount at high cost, such as giant eagle, pegasus, nightmares or even dinosaurs. They do not care much about pets, cats are really the only pets that is common in Marthis.
Trailwalkers trade with elves and gnomes to the east and dwarves to the west. They get along better with gnomes than with any other races, unfortunately trades with gnomes are rare as their comunities are mostly self sufficient. They find dwarves reclusive and rude, elves self-centered and arrogant. They hate goblins with the very core of their hearts, they've been at war with them for centuries, and still they keep coming back, and every time they do innocent halflings dies.
- +2 dexterity, -2 strength
- Humanoid (Halflings)
- Small: As a Small creature, Trailwalkers gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Tall stature: Trailwalkers are among the tallest of the small sized race, their larger hands allow them to use medium weapons without penalties.
- Trailwalkers halfling base land speed is 30 feet, they are fast on their legs and their speed is one of the reason they are called Tallwalkers.
- +2 on listen, jump and ride checks
- +2 moral bonus on saving throws against fear
- +1 racial bonus on attack roll against goblinoids
- Ride is always a class skills for Trailwalkers
- Automatic language: Halfling. Bonus languages: Elven, Gnomish, Goblin and Dwarven
- Favored class:Ranger:
- Level adjustment:+0